Monday, March 29, 2010

soapy

Today was my last day of spring break, so we packed the rainy day with fun indoor activities.

This morning we talked about the story of Easter and colored. Then when Makenzie napped, Libby and I did wet-felted Easter eggs. It was our first attempt at wet-felting, and by the last egg we were doing much better than we were when we started. I think later this week we may do some wet-felted balls and let Makenzie help. Libby loved playing with the soapy water and working the felt.

Here they are when we finished. The pink strand of wet felt is a necklace Libby made all by herself while I did the hard felting.


Later in the day was gymnastics, aka the highlight of Libby's week.



For dinner we had a delicious quiche, made with fresh eggs our friends were nice enough to give us from their chickens. I blew the eggs, and we dyed them after dinner.

Makenzie yelled "look, look!" while she dyed.


Once the eggs were dried, I took all today's new eggs and put them in a nice basket on our table with the beeswax eggs we made a couple weeks ago. It looks so pretty!! I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment