Wednesday, January 27, 2010

neon

While making soup today, a weekly event at our house, I decided fresh bread would be the perfect compliment. I don't have a bread maker, or any other fancy kitchen equipment for that matter, so I assumed this would be quite the challenge.

I headed over to The Pioneer Woman and found the easiest beer bread recipe that could possibly exist. While my beer bread was baking baby was napping and big girl was outside with Daddy, who was home from work early. I used this time to avoid housework and dishes and browse PW's website, as I've done several times before. I'm also a Facebook fan and keep up there, so I should know a bit about Pioneer Woman--right?? Not so much.

What I have never before that moment noticed is that PW homeschools. I was SO surprised to see this, despite the fact that the link is right on her homepage. Funny how we are irrelevant to things until they become important to us. I read the homeschooling portion of her website and found myself very encouraged.

Later in the day I got a link to this blog from a friend, only to find another homeschooling family.

I'm beginning to think the only more obvious sign I could receive would be flashing neon lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment