Friday, January 22, 2010

staples

I have several updates, each equally deserving of its own post, so I think I'm going for three in a row here. Work with me.

First, Sunday was Libby's birthday party. It is times like these when, in my opinion, we see who the most important players are in our lives. The "staples" so to speak. People we can truly consider integral parts of our lives, dependable friends and family...our true support network. (This party was somewhat of an exception, as two aunts and their families were absent, and they are most certainly staples in our lives.) I went for low key this time, excusing myself from the usual party prep I go nuts with. Instead, I did chips and dip, and ordered pizza. Made special cupcakes, and ordered some quick, ready to use decorations. It went well.

I hadn't invited my grandfather, as his wife was in ICU and he's preparing for a surgery. I didn't want to burden them with driving over an hour to our house, finding a gift, etc. Apparently word got out, and they showed up. He announced proudly when he got here, "I heard there is a party, and I'm here to crash it!" So cute! And very thoughtful.

Thanks to everyone who came and spoiled the Libster. I have two very blessed kiddos.


No comments:

Post a Comment